Tasos Tyrimos was born in Cyprus. After graduating from Lanιteion High School in Limassol he moved to Thessaloniki where he attended university studies. At the same time he worked as a fine art teacher, Architect and took part in several art exhibitions. He has worked continuously as a Research Fellow at PD 407/80 and as an Academic Fellow in the Department of Interior Architecture of T.E.I. Central Macedonia (now International University of Greece) from the academic year 2009-2010 to 2018-2019, where he supervised several undergraduate theses. He has also taught at all levels of education in both the private and public sectors. Since 2019 he is a Special Laboratory Teaching Personnel at the School of Film, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- MA Graphic Arts and Multimedia (Faculty of Graphic Arts, Hellenic Open University)
- Integrated Master Degree, Architecture Engineering (Faculty of Architecture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
- Architecture Engineering (Faculty of Architecture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
- Integrated Master Degree (Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
- Painting (Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
He has authored two scientific books on areas related to the relationship between architectural space and the visual arts. There are also several references to his artwork:
– 2017 ” Immaterial artworks using multimedia in architectural space”
– 2015 “Five senses, art and architecture environment”
– Conferences and workshops.
– Member of committees in competitions
– 2019 Special Laboratory Teaching Personnel. (Set and Costume Designing, Drawing & technical design) School of Film, Faculty of Fine Arts, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
– 2017-2019 Academic Scholar. Faculty of Interior Architecture, T.E.I. Central Macedonia (now International University of Greece).
– 2009-2017 Scientific Associate Professor (ΠΔ 407/80). Faculty of Interior Architecture, T.E.I. Central Macedonia (now International University of Greece).
– 2001-2018 Teacher of Fine Arts, Secondary Education in Greece
– 1998-2001 Teacher of Fine Arts, private sector in Greece
– 1996-1998 Creation of Fine Arts Workshop in Limassol
– 1996 -1997 Teacher of Fine Arts, Secondary Education in Cyprus
– 1995-1996 Educator of Fine Arts, Cyprus State Training Institutes
ARTISTIC AND PROFESSIONAL WORK
He has participated in several group and solo exhibitions and many of his artworks are in major public and private collections in Greece and internationaly. In addition, his artistic work extends to both architectural design and digital artwork.
– Cyprus State Collection
– Selection of one his paintings in the Berlaymont Summa Artis European Art Collection: Contemporary Art Collection- Commission building in Brussels
– Architectural proposal for the Visitor Center of Stavros Niarchos Foundation-SNCF Cultural Center selected in best ten, 2013, by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation committee and the architect Renzo Piano.
– Selection of a painting for the International Exhibition “The Berlin Wall”. Municipal Arts Center – Nicosia (April 1998)