1977: Diploma of Psychology, School of Psychology and Education, Aristotle University.
1979-1981: Attendance of the Post-Graduate Program of Clinical Psychology, School of Psychology and Education, Aristotle University.
1991: PhD Thesis (“Life-stories and Migrant Plans of Rural Families. The Case of Kefalovrysso”), Department of Psychology, University of Ioannina.
2013-present: Associate Professor in Clinical Social Psychology, School of Film, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
2009-2013: Assistant Professor in Clinical Social Psychology, School of Film, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
1996-2009: Assistant Professor in Clinical Social Psychology, School of Primary Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
1997 Sep.-1998 Mar. Visiting Fellow, University of London, Institute of Education, Dept. Culture, Communication and Society, U.K.
1992-1996: Lecturer, School of Primary Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
1991-1992: Lecturer, Department of Psychology, University of Ioannina, Greece.
1982-1991: Assistant Researcher, Department of Psychology, University of Ioannina, Greece.
Teaching experience (1982-2014)
In charge of the preparation and lecturing of seventeen university courses at undergraduate level at the University of Ioannina and Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, at post-graduate level at the course of Educational Sciences and lecturing at teachers in-service training courses.
Supervision of undergraduate dissertations on subjects related to: immigration, social/school exclusion, environmental psychology, social relations in schools.
Member of the board of examiners of twelve awarded dissertations.
Ph.D.- Post-doctoral research.
Supervision of four awarded Ph.D. thesis, currently supervising two Ph.D. theses, member of the three-member consultancy panel of four awarded Ph.D. theses, and member of the examiners board of six awarded Ph.D. theses. (School of Primary Education, School of Psychology, School of English Language and Literature, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki; School of Communication and Mass Media, University of Athens).
Supervision of a post-doctoral research under the title: “Greek national identity and immigration: talking about identity in a changing social context”.
Head of research of nine (9) research programmes and research associate at seventeen (17) research programmes.
Some of the topics covered by these research programmes include: Migration (Migration and the separation of children from their nuclear family; Social and psychological dimensions of return migration; Greek national identity and Migration), Study-support of socially disadvantaged families with programmes of social intervention (Combating poverty of the less advantaged families; Socio- psychological support to the families of the “traffic-light” children), Children’s perceptions in relation to social values (Students knowledge and attitudes in relation to dietary habits and smoking; Perceptions about the social division of labour; Children’s perceptions about the social relations in the geographically isolated islands of the Mediterranean; Pupils and cinema), Consultancy on community institutions (Study of the kindergartens of a municipality) and also Cinema speaks on Crisis (Creation of a documentary film –cinema verite).
Conferences-Symposiums-Editorial board of the Journals and Associations
Presentations at 69 scientific conferences/symposia, Greek (47), International (22).
Member of the organizing or the scientific committee of fifteen (20) Greek and International scientific conferences/ Symposia.
Member of the Editorial board of the Journals:
Critical Science and Education; SOCIETY and mental HEALTH.
Member of scientific associations (Board of Directors of the Greek Psychological Association-ΕΛΨΕ, member and coordinator of the section of Political Psychology; member of the Board of Directors of the Greek Association for Clinical-Social Psychology).
45 published papers (journal articles, conference proceedings, books, book chapters).
List of selected publications
- Doctoral thesis
1. Pantazis, P. (1991). “Life-stories and Migrant Plans of Rural Families. The Case of Kefalovrysso” PhD Doctoral Thesis, University of Ioannina. [In Greek]
- Books, Chapters in books
2. Βαν Μπούσχοτεν, Ρ., Βερβενιώτη, Τ., Μπάδα, Κ., Νάκου, Ε. Πανταζής, Π., Χατζαρούλα, Π. (επιμ) (2013). Γεφυρώνοντας τις γενιές: διεπιστημονικότητα και αφηγήσεις ζωής στον 21ο αιώνα. Προφορική ιστορία και άλλες βιοϊστορίες. Βόλος: Ένωση Προφορικής Ιστορίας.
3. Rotzokos, N., Aggelopoulos, G. & Pantazis, P. (2009). The movement for the army. In V. Vamvakas & P. Panayiotopoylos (Eds.), Greece of decade 1980. Social, political and cultural Atlas, Athens: Sakkoulas. [In Greek]
4. Pantazis, P. (2008). Two socio-psychological Comments on the Films of the Dardenne Brothers In Y. Sarri & D. Mouzaki (Eds.), Jean-Pierre & Luc Dardenne, (pp. 48-53). Thessaloniki: International Film Festival-Oxy Publications.
5. Pantazis, P. (2007). Convergences between biographical research and Critical Psychology. Some methodological observations. In S. Papaioannou (Ed.), Questions of theory and method of social sciences (pp. 194-214). Athens: Kritiki Editions. [In Greek]
6. Pantazis, P. (2004). From the Subjects in the Subject. The biographical approach in the psychosocial research. Athens: Ellinika Grammata. [In Greek]
7. Pantazis, P. (2002). Boredom, failure, non-integration. Observations on a form of students’ ‘social pain’. In K. Navridis] (Ed.), Power, Violence, Pain Second Volume (pp. 107-114). Athens: Kastaniotis Editions. [In Greek]
8. Pantazis, P. (1996). Identity formation in adolescent migrants of Greek rural families. A study of life histories. In K. Navridis & N. Christakis (Eds.) Identities: Psychosocial formation (pp. 239-260). Athens: Kastaniotis Editions. [In Greek]
- Papers, Journal Articles & Conference Proceedings
- Figgou, L., Sapountzis, A., Bozatzis, N., Gardikiotis, A., Pantazis, P. (2011). “Constructing the Stereotype of Immigrants Criminality: Accounts of Fear and Risk in Talk about Immigration to Greece”. Journal of Community & Applied Social Psychology, 21: 164–177.
10. Akrivou, E. (…) & Pantazis P. (2009). Searching Personal and Social Identities through Biographical Trajectories. Thoughts and Feelings. Proceedings of the 1st Emuni Research Souk, Unity and Diversity of Euro-Mediterranean Identities (pp. 1-11).
11. Kasapi, E., Pantazis, P. et al. (2009). EMUNI Summer School 2009: The Case of Chalkidiki. Proceedings of the 2009 EMUNI Conference on Higher Education and Research, Internationalization and the Role of University Networks, Portorož, Slovenia.
12. Pantazis, P. (2008) Psychologies and methodologies. O Politis, 164, 33-38. [In Greek]
13. Pantazis, P. (2007). A proposal for the team-work from the viewpoint of Rogerian theory. For the Environmental Education, 38, 13-15. [In Greek]
14. Sapountzis, A., Figgou, L. Pantazis, P., Laskaridis, G., Papastavrou, D., Bozatzis, N. & Gardikiotis, A. (2006). Immigration and European Integration in Greece: Greek national identity and the `Other within. Westminster Papers in Communication and Culture, 3, 3, 27-47.
15. Sapountzis, A. & Pantazis, P. (2006). The role of the notion of `national interest’ in warranting political decisions. Life History and Biography Network.
16. Gontovos, K. & Pantazis, P. (2006). The school learning from the viewpoint of student. The contribution of Critical Psychology. Psychology, 13, (4), 82-94. [In Greek]
17. 19. Prepoutsidou, F., Athanasiou, K., Zotos, Y., & Pantazis, P. (2005). A Phenomenological Approach in Educational Research. Education-Line.
18. Pantazis, P. (2005). The games of memory between the past and the present. The reflexive role of narrative. Life History and Biography Network: Biographical Research and Practice as a setting for personal and social change.
19. Pantazis, P., Manavopoulos, K. & Haritos-Fatouros, M.(1989). Perceptions of children for the environment of Northern Sporades. Syghroni Ekpaidefsi, 45, 91-94. [In Greek]
20. Varnaba-Skoura, T., Haritos-Fatouros, M. Apostolou, M., & Pantazis, P. (1978). Perceptions of children for the social division of labor. Syghrona Themata, 1, (2), 69-82. [In Greek]
- Research Reports
- Pantazis, P. & Sapountzis, A. (2007). Greek National Identity and Immigration. Speaking for the identity in a changing social frame. Report of Research Program, Research Committee, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. [In Greek]
22. Kogidou, D. & Pantazis, P. (1992). Persons with special needs and their families in the region of Thessaloniki. Restrictions, needs and prospects. Thessaloniki: POVERTY 3 Editions. [In Greek]
23. Kogidou, D. & Pantazis, P. (1992). Single parent families: Restrictions, needs and prospects. Thessaloniki: POVERTY 3 Editions. [In Greek]
24. Pantazis], P. et al. (1989). Social and psychological dimensions of return migrants to the rural Epirus. Report of Research Program, Research Committee, University of Ioannina. [In Greek]
25. Haritos-Fatouros, M., Pantazis, P.& Manavopoulos, K. (1982). Children’s perceptions on their physical and social environment in the islands of Skiathos and Skopelos, Paris: UNESCO. [In Greek]