Associate Professor in Set and Costume Designing
He was born at Cairo of Egypt in 1956.He studied architecture at the School of Architecture of the National Technical University of Athens (1973-1978). He did his postgraduate studies in Paris at DEA where he studied Urban Geography-Paris X Nanterre (1978-1980).
He worked as a freelance architect in works of public and private sector (1984-1993). He also worked as Assistant Set Designer of Savvas Haratsidis(1983-1987).
He taught Set Designing at the Drama School of Theatre of Art during 2003-2004.
He took part in the national representation at Prague Quadrennial in 2003-10th International Exhibition of Scenography and Theatre Architecture (the national representation was organized by the Hellenic Centre of I.T.I in collaboration with the Faculty of Theatre and the Faculty of Architecture of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki).
He was elected as Assistant Professor of Set and Costume Designing at the Faculty of Cinematography of the Fine Arts of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (June 2010).
He lives in Athens where he currently works as a set and costume designer and as an architect of theatre spaces.
In theatre has collaborated with the Greek National Theatre, National Theatre of Northern Greece, Athens Festival, the Karolos Koun Art Theatre, the Athens Music Hall, the National Opera, the New Art Scene and many others on more than ninety productions, staged by acclaimed directors and choreographers like Thomas Moschopoulos, Vangelis Theodoropoulos, Mimis Kouyoumtzis, Stamatis Fassoulis,Victor Arditis, N.Milivojevic, Julia Pevsner, Michalis Reppas and Thanassis Papathanassiou, Charis Mandafounis and many others.
In cinema he was the production designer on the films:
- «Isimeria» by Nikos Kornilios 1991
- «Wind over the City» by Petros Sevastikoglou 1996
- «Back Door» by Yorgos Tsemberopoulos 1999
- «So Close..» by Stella Theodoraki 2002
- «Oxygen» by Reppas and Papathanassiou 2003
- «The Woman Is..» by Antonis Kafedjopoulos 2005
- «Strictly Permissible» by Reppas & Papathanassiou 2008
- «Three Moments» by Petros Sevastikoglou 2008
- «Ricordi mi» by Stella Theiodoraki 2009
- «Mikra Anglia» by P.Voulgaris 2013
and the short films:
- «The end» by V.Mazomenos 1990
- «The avenue» by Sev.Anagnostopoulou 2007
- « The attic» by M.Nikolakakis 2011
He received the award for production design for the film “Isimeria” in the 1991 Thessaloniki Film Festival and in 1996 the National Award for production design for the film “Wind over the City”
- ‘’Grandpa is a liar’’ 2008 dir. N. Kavoukidis ERT‘’Channel
- ‘’Officer’s Beka’s Stories’’ 2006 dir. G. Karadinakis-N. Kritikos Alpha Channel
- ‘’Suddenly’’ 2004 dir. G. Sougias, Mega Channel
- ‘’Logo Timis’’ 1996 dir. L. Zaroutiadis, Mega Channel (Television Scenography Award of ‘’ ETHNOS’’ Newspaper)
- ‘’Postscript show’’ 1993 dir. K. Avgeris Seven X channel
- ‘’Red Thread’’ 1989 script: E. Fakinou, dir. K. Avgeris ERT channel
- ‘’Woman in Greek Literature’’ 1988 dir. K. Tomadaki-L. Makri ERT channel